I thought I would give a quick update. Ellie was starting to not eat or sleep very well over the last couple of days. Today was particularly bad. I went to the office and Jade called saying Ellie really didn't look so well, so I called the doctor, but before I finished the call, Jade had already called 911. Ellie's breathing was pretty labored, and she started going limp and unresponsive. When they arrived she had come out of it, was a little better, but they were told by the hospital to just bring her in. So we got ready and met Mary Ann to drop off the kids. When I peaked at her to see how she was doing, she was looking pretty white and lips were blue. I got a little frantic, so we rushed off to the hospital.
Once there, we brought her right back and they were able to get Ellie responsive again and crying. There were 6 to 10 people in the room most of the time. Ellie was crying heavily for a couple of hours, which I think, made her difficulty breathing much worse. The nurses and respiratory therapists and EMT's were all rushing around and trying to get her "numbers" close to normal. It was a little surreal. The ER doctor finally said, we are going to lifeflight Ellie to Primary Children Hospital. As they wheeled her out Jade and I gave her a kiss. Boy, what an emotional time. It's hard to say goodbye like that.
We were told later that while she was in the helicopter and once things were calmed down, she actually fell asleep and she did much better. At Primary Children's though she started getting upset again. It's her breathing that made things hard. She just couldn't breathe as well, which gave her some pretty good anxiety. Once they had her in her room, more x-rays were taken. Her heart was enlarged. So they have concluded that she was going into heart failure, like she had at the hospital, over the last couple of days, and possibly complicated with an RSV type virus. Once we arrived at Primary Children's, they let us hold Ellie and I have never seen a baby so happy. When Jade first held her, her (Ellie's) whole countenance changed, she was so happy, she actually had a little smile on her face and started "cooing" for a few seconds. It's as if she forgot everything. She wouldn't take her eyes off Jade. I took some pictures. I wanted to try to capture the moment.
This might be a couple of weeks ordeal, we just don't know. We will find out more tomorrow. Jade and I are just tense and tight all over. Jade keeps telling me, boy, if we had known what David and Deb were going thru with Cameron, we would have tried to do more. It's so emotional. It is so darn emotional!
No comments:
Post a Comment